The Syscal Pro is an all-in-one multinode resistivity and induce polarization imaging system for environmental and engineering geophysical studies. The Syscal Pro gathers a 10 channels receiver and a 250W, 2000Vpp internal transmitter which make it the more powerful system of the Syscal range. This system allows to perform up to 10 measurements at a time and its switching board allow to work for 48 (Switch-48) up to 120 (Switch-120) electrodes.
The input current can be automatically adjusted (Vp request option) to ensure a minimum voltage level on all the reception channels and therefore a good measurement quality. This versatile device is designed to work in a large number of configuration (4 to 13 electrodes for manual measurement, SP measurements, sounding, profiling, 2D, roll-along, 3D and 4D monitoring surveys, etc.).
For imaging measurements, Iris Instruments proposes different standard heavy-duty multi-core cables (5m or 10 m output separation. Other spacings on request). Customized cables may also be assembled for special arrays or non-standard applications.
Measurement sequences can be configured through the instrument interface or via the PC software Electre Pro (provided with the Syscal). Electre Pro enables operators to develop and interrogate 2D, 3D, downhole and roll long sequences prior to heading into the field, helping to minimize potential data collection errors. The measured data can be downloaded and processed before inversion via the PC software (Prosys II, provided with the Syscal).
Compact, easy-to-use and field proof, the Syscal Pro measures both resistivity and chargeability. It is ideal for environmental and civil engineering applications such as pollution monitoring and mapping, salinity control, depth-to-rock determination and weathered bedrock mapping. It can also be used for shallow groundwater exploration (depth and thickness assessment of aquifers).
Several options and accessories are available with the Syscal Pro such as:
- the Fullwave option to record complete time series of measured voltages during an acquisition.
- the Remote option that allow for controlling automatically the Syscal Pro through a PC for monitoring purposes using the Comsys Pro software.
- the Rx only option to use the Syscal as a simple receiver with an external transmitter (e.g. VIP)
- the low current option to use the Syscal for laboratory measurements on small samples
- the 1200W external power converter
- the vented version of the Syscal Pro to work in warm conditions
- the dynamic option for land and river/marine continuous surveys
- the borehole cables to realize a simple diagraphy, a surface to borehole tomography or a transmission tomography
- the SD card adaptor to upload the measured data directly on a SD card (no PC needed)
- the WIFI adaptor to upload sequence, download data and remotely control your Syscal Pro Switch.